Secretary, I am the first point of contact for the Association
and the person responsible for driving it forward on a day to
day basis. The main duties are outlined below.
1. Dealing with enquiries and
information requests from within the BCA and outside on a wide variety of
2. Producing agendas and minutes
for the AGM and the three committee meetings held each year, contributing
to the discussion and decision making at such meetings and ensuring that
all agreed actions are carried out.
3. Acting as the interface with the
International Braille Chess Association (IBCA) and making the arrangements
for BCA teams and individuals to play in IBCA events.
4. Providing help and support for
the BCA fundraiser: this includes providing input to sponsorship bids,
preparing budget statements for international events, and producing short
reports on how funds have been spent.
5. Liaising with the BCA treasurer
on a variety of financial issues including countersigning cheques raised by
6. Producing and updating entries
about the BCA in a variety of directories and databases.
7. Keeping members in touch with
developments by producing articles for the Gazette.
8. Providing input to the preparation of the BCA Annual Report and the
three year Business Plan.